Today was our final volunteers’ Working Morning of 2016. We achieved quite a lot, namely:
- A full litter pick of the cemetery
- Re-planting a shrub that had been partially uprooted
- Tidying the green waste / compost heap
- Removal of a self-set Buddleia obstructing our notice case near the New Street gate
- Washing down the new railings where fixing them had created stone dust
- Removing a piece of ‘flash-band’ and spray-paint from a bench.
If all this can be achieved with just three volunteers, just think what an amazing difference we could make if we had twice or three times as many people attending our Working Mornings. It is only once a month, for two-and-a-half hours. Why not come along on 14 January 2017?
Here are before and after pictures of the final item on the list.